Nokia 1616 Keypad and LCD screen display backlight problem solution
Here's the Nokia 1616 solution for keypad and LCD screen display backlight LED problem, that result to dark screen display on the LCD screen and no illuminating light LED on the keypads.We revive this solution for too many new techies asking from our request box for a complete guide, since we already have created a solution for this in here.
Now, we are going to tackle a few more hints on how to easily solved the Nokia 1616 keypad and LED light problem situation if occurred.
The given solution will show you the much clearer image of the Nokia 1616 backlight LED circuit. The components and its connection line paths were completely highlighted for easy troubleshooting procedures.
Nokia 1616 LCD screen display and keypads LED back light problem solution
Here's the step by step hints on how to fix the Nokia 1616 LCD screen and keypad LED problem:
This may only works assuming that you already tried the software or firmware calibration but nothing happens. So here's the hardware repair as follows:
1. Check the VBAT 3.7V supply voltage across the two inductor coils. Check also this coils if damaged, then replace.
2. Check the the Keypad backlight LED bulb below the the circuit. If that white LED bulb is damaged the LCD backlight will also not light up or glow. So ensure that its perfectly working or replace with a new one.
3. Trace the connection line paths of the LED+ and LED- to the spots were it is being connected. There is a test spots given on the PCB board where you can check the supply voltage of the LCD backlight LED.
4. Check the switching transistor, there are two 2.2 ohms resistors which is connected to ground, replace if found damaged or faulty.
5. If all of the above procedures has been done and seems there is no problem,. You may then replace the LCD if the LCD shows a dark screen. there is a tendency that the LCD's LED is already damaged.
You can also trace the backlight LED connection from the test spots down to the PINS or solder pads of the LCD screen, just to ensure that this connection is not open or cut-off.
That's it... hope you like this new version of Nokia 1616 solution from us. Enjoy!